Date:      Sun, 11 May 2008 22:11:40 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        John Daniels <daniels_intrepid@yahoo.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7.0 issues fixed?  upgrade timing?

On May 11, 2008, at 9:34 PM, John Daniels wrote:
>  1. I have a realtek network card and am using a cable modem
> router.  Does anyone know if fixes for problems with these (see
> below) have been backported from HEAD to RELENG_7?

The most useful thing to do would be to test the fixes out yourself
and report back whether they help, assuming you encounter problems.

> 2. Is this a good time to upgrade to RELENG_7?

On a test machine, sure.  It's been a long time since I've run a
production environment off of a .0 release at all, much less without
testing it first.  :-)

> 3. I read a post last week that advised that 7.1 is a long way off.
> Appreciate any advice on use of ULE 3.0 and ZFS prior to 7.1 and a
> comment on what is holding up 7.1.

Respectively: ULE seems to be a solid improvement.  ZFS is still
beta.  Nothing...be patient, or make more active contributions to help
move things forwards.

--
-Chuck