Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:59:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      grafe@lab12.ie.pitt.edu (Gary Rafe)
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   ESS Maestro-2 support ?

As a new owner of a notebook using one of the ESS Maestro audio chips
(Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT w/3.3-RELEASE), I'm quite interested in getting
the audio to work on it -- at least to run the mixer and get half-duplex
audio through /dev/audio to run (Linux) realplayer & simple .au & .wav files.

I've looked at 4Front's OSS driver, and found it *not* to be an option.

I see that there's an effort to put together an OSS Linux driver
for the ESS Maestro audio chips (see http://people.redhat.com/zab/maestro/).
I'd rather not have to run Linux on this system, if I can avoid it.

Are the snd/pcm maintainers looking at this ?

Cheers,
Gary
gerst4@pitt.edu