Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 10:41:32 -0400
From:      Dan Harnett <danh@wzrd.com>
To:        Corey Ralph <corey@net-tech.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using radius to NT server?

Hello,

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 06:17:09PM +1000, Corey Ralph wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am attempting to set up a freebsd 4.0 box for a ppp dialin server.  I am
> using mgetty and pppd 2.3.10 with the radius patch.
>
> The problem is with the radius.  Our radius server is NT, it doesn't seem to
> respond.
>
> pppd is reporting 'RADIUS: No valid RADIUS responses recieved'.
>
> Possibly a compatibility issue?  I have been told that there is something
> non-standard in the NT radius server, our 3com boxes need to be configured
> differently to use it.

You might want to check what port the radius server is listening on.  By
default, FreeBSD uses the port defined in the RFC, udp port 1812.  A lot of
equipment and vendors use a non-standard port, usually 1645.  Take a look at
radius.conf(5) for how to make use of it.

--
 Dan Harnett                                Wizard Communication Systems, Inc.
 Email: danh@wzrd.com                       2 Main Street