Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:13:11 +0300
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        "Kenzo" <kenzo_chin@hotmail.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail help

Hi!

> I did a make world and this is what I get at the next reboot.
>
> Starting standard daemons: inetd cron sshd sendmailsendmail:execing
> /usr/local/sbin/sendmail:No such file or directory

Ouch! Sounds like somehow the Postfix binary got lost during the upgrade...

> this is my  mailer.conf
> #
> # Execute the Postfix sendmail program, named /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> #
> sendmail        /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> send-mail       /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> mailq           /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> newaliases      /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
>
> I originally replaced sendmail with postfix.
> and it used to work fine until after the make world.

The trick of keeping your postfix alive through the 'make world' procedure is to
have NO_SENDMAIL=TRUE in /etc/make.conf and during mergemaster make sure you don't
let it replace anything under /etc/mail.

> sendmail_enable="YES"
> sendmail_flags="-bd"
> sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
> sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
> sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"

I have it exactly the same way on my Postfix server.

> what can I do to fix this?

I would try to re-install the Postfix port.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* A woman's husband's previous wife is called her 'wife-in-law.'