Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:27:29 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Weiguang SHI" <weiguang_shi@hotmail.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: btx building error

> I cvs'ed the current version of btx by "cvs co btx" and tried to build it on
> my FBSD-4.0 box and here is what I got:
>    bash-2.04$ as --version
>    GNU assembler 2.11
> What should I do?

Uninstall your custom binutils:

ziplok:~>uname -r
4.3-STABLE
ziplok:~>as --version
GNU assembler 2.10.1

You might want to build the -stable version of BTX.  Note also that BTX
is not meant to be built/used standalone; you should look at the
higher-level makefiles to see how it's integrated.

Note, also that BTX in -current is built with:

mass:~>as --version
GNU assembler 2.11.2 [FreeBSD]