Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:10:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Phelip Cray <phelipc@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lock file-system

Hello everyone,

I am installing a server that will do mail ( exim /
gpop3d ) and webmail - apache + a few scripts.

this server will stay behind a firewall ( watchguard )
and off course will have its own IPF activated.

My questions is simple:

1 - I intend to block (IPF) everything except 25,110,
80 and ssh. Is there anything else I should do?

2 - I am considering using chflags on the file system
to make it read-only - if you were in my shoes, what
parts of the system would you turn ead only?

3 - Are there other secrity measures that can be taken
besides the ones above?

Thank yo very much,

phelip