Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:03:26 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nclayton@lehman.com>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, freebsd-translate@ngo.org.uk, jdp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resolution:  FDP reorganisation

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 01:14:26AM +0900, Jun Kuriyama wrote:
> Nik Clayton wrote:
> > The first is the record that <foo@bar> has submitted changes to the
> > The second is tieing <foo@bar> to a specific piece of translation.  If
> > Note that it's not impossible.  I am prepared to take a local copy of the
> > CVS tree, generates diffs for *every single version* of the translated
> > documentation, and then recommit it with the original commit message,
> > including the "Submitted by" line.
>
> OK.  But my main question is whether it is worth to spent much time of
> you and jdp or not.

Obviously, I think the answer to this question is "yes", and as I've said
before I'm happy to do the work to make the changeover as smooth as
possible.  I don't expect the translation teams to have to go in and
change the build system after I've finished fixing up the structure.

As a point of interest, this work will include me fixing the webbuild
script as necessary, and also any bits of "make release" that need taking
care of.

> At this point, I think you are right.  We have dirty hack only to solve
> this situation.
>
> But I think no sysadmins need two encoded documents at the same time.

Chinese and/or Russian probably could.  Japanese *might*.

I'll stress at this point that the majority of them might *not* need to
do this.  But I don't want to explicitly design out potentially useful
functionality for others when it's really pretty easy to make sure that
functionality is designed in to the system.

--+==[ Systems Administrator, Year 2000 Test Lab, Lehman Brothers, Inc. ]==+--
--+==[      1 Broadgate, London, EC2M 7HA     0171-601-0011 x5514       ]==+--
--+==[              Year 2000 Testing: It's about time. . .             ]==+--