Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 03:33:30 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   tset as reset at login...

well... I've been doing some more investigating into this termcap
business...  man are there a TON of inconsistancies...

o)	first of all terminfo_extensions.doc don't list every thing that
	termcap(5) does
o)	termcap(5) says that `is' is sent the first time you login, this
	is actually incorrect... `is' is only sent when tset is called as
	reset.
o)	when tset is called as reset it doesn't even do what the man page
	(termcap(5)) says will do when resetting the terminal

I'm reluctant to touch tset as it may adversely effect how tset normally
operates...  but does anybody have problems with me fixing tset to match
the man page? or should I fix the man page to match the program?

yikes...  I just looked at our skel files and there is no example of tset
included in these files...  is there a good reason why not?

thanks for your comments on the subject...

--
  John-Mark
  Cu Networking                             Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD