Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:30:03 GMT
From:      Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@math.ntnu.no>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/131124: x11/xorg - New xorg 7.4 hangs until mouse is moved when AllowEmptyInput turned off

The following reply was made to PR ports/131124; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@math.ntnu.no>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, xelah-freebsd-pr@xelah.com
Subject: Re: ports/131124: x11/xorg - New xorg 7.4 hangs until mouse is
 moved when AllowEmptyInput turned off
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:24:04 +0100 (CET)

 I noticed just now that this PR is marked "priority: medium".
 Given that this problem renders the X server utterly useless, and
 there seems to be no workaround (or is there one?), I find this
 strange. How about bumping the priority a bit?

 If the developers have difficulties reproducing the problem, please
 let those of us who do experience it know what we can do to provide
 useful information.

 For example, it may not be totally clear from my earlier input, but
 despite the PR title, I am seeing this problem with AllowEmptyInput
 turned /on/. With it off, the server just hangs. If piles of
 configuration info and Xorg logs are useful, let me know, and I'll
 send them.

 - Harald