Date:      Wed, 05 Dec 2001 20:30:50 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Sergey Matveychuk <sem@ciam.ru>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wc* function

Alexey Zelkin wrote:
> > According to mail archive, work on supporting wide-char functions was in
> > progress some time but then stopped.
> >
> > May be is there some results of this work somewhere? Continue will better
> > than beginning from scratch.
>
> Check out Citrus[1] project's CVS Repo. They have quite promising implementation
> of w* functions. Also as I recall correctly some amount of w* functions
> are already commited in.

The w* functions are all implemented in work which Sun made available
as part of the stuff they gave to the X Consortium under the OpenView
release.

The license is BSD-like in the extreme.

There are some patches to it that were done by WIDE, in Japan, but
they are incredibly minor (might as well have them, though).

Go searching for OpenView in relation to X11, and you will find the
code.

-- Terry