Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 17:17:26 +0200
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@softs11.ZIB-Berlin.DE>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, wosch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make clean in src/lkm problems

Bruce Evans writes:
>>Jordan changed the order of the include files in bsd.kmod.mk.
>>JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!  Why did you do that? The
>>order is still important. And the order will be important if we move
>
>Order shouldn't be important,

It shouldn't, but it do. See also /usr/share/mk/bsd.README section
'RANDOM THINGS WORTH KNOWING'.

>and there were no comments :-).

I can add a comment.

>>My intention was a single 'clean:' target in bsd.obj.mk. Except
>>if the top makefile (./obj/Makefile, ./Makefile) does
>>have their own clean target.
>
>By adding things to CLEANFILES, etc?

Yes.

>bsd.lib.mk currently has a much
>larger clean rule, but it doen't need to unless there is a problem
>with the command line lengths.

A makefile variable and a command line can at least contain 40000
characters (just tested).

>>PS: now I have ~200 'obj' trouble mails in my mailbox. Was it that
>>worth?
>Automatically generated mails?

No, humans mails from -current.

Wolfram

PS: my university mailserver mail.cs.tu-berlin.de is down. All mail
should be sent to wosch@freebsd.org (see Reply-to:).
wosch@softs11.ZIB-Berlin.DE is a fake for sending my mails out.