Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 1999 15:40:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        Felix Wun <wun@globalserve.net>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netgraph

You can load the latest 3.x SNAPSHOT
and do an 'upgrade' and get it..

If you do want to do it from 3.3....

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Archie Cobbs wrote:

> Felix Wun writes:
> > i m currently having trouble installing netgraph for my freebsd3.3
> > release. i did a fresh install to get freebsd3.3 release to prepear for
> > installing netgraph by installing "bin" and "src->sys" packages. after i
> > untar netgraph, and follow the inistructions
> > patch -I < netgraph-patch.3.3
> > it doesnt seem to work....
> > (it keeps askin me what file i want to patch, and if i just hit enter,
> > ask if i want to skip that file... then when done, give me some *.rej
> > *.rej.org files)

sounds like you are cd'd to the wrong place?

> > anybody can help me with abouve problem?
> > all i want is the pppoe application, is there any easier way i can get
> > that working?

> > do i have to have the freebsd4 current to be able to use netgraph?
> > is there any other programs out there that support pppoe for freebsd?
> > and i hate bell adsl... make me go through so much trouble...

There is a slow userland pppoe front-end.
but i don't recommend it.

the patch file you have is in fact old.
it doesn't have the pppoe module, nor does it have the pppoe mods to the
ppp daemon.

You need the following:

/usr/src/lib/libnetgraph
/usr/src/sys
/usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp
/usr/src/share/examples/ppp

mkdir /usr/include/netgraph
cp /sys/netgraph/*.h /usr/include/netgraph
cp /usr/src/lib/libnetgraph/netgraph.h /usr/include
cd /usr/lib/lib/libnetgraph
make
make install
cd /sys
(make your kernel with options NETGRAPH NETGRAPH_SOCKET and
NETGRPAH_PPPOE)
cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp
make; make install

Follow examples