Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 2003 23:45:50 -0400
From:      David Vastine <dvastine@vastine.net>
To:        Gnome-FreeBSD List <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: GNOME Session not avaliable in GDM

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 11:45:26PM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 23:07, James Pole wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > After doing a cvsup and a portuprade a few daya ago GDM now dosn't have
> > GNOME in its session menu. Now whenever I login without choosing a
> > session it always goes into Failsafe Xterm. In order for me to use GNOME
> > at all, I have to manually select Failsafe GNOME each time I login using
> > GDM.
> >

> Copy /usr/X11R6/etc/gdm/factory-gdm.conf to
> /usr/X11R6/etc/gdm/gdm.conf.  Note, this is discussed in the Known
> Issues section at http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/.
>
> Joe

	I am also seeing this issue with a 5.1-CURRENT.  Copying the conf
file did not help.  Gnome seems to run just fine, just gives the error
about not being able to find a gnome session in the menu and then says
it is logging into the failsafe session.  Any other ideas?  Something
else I should look at?  Thanks.

David