Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:04:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Feature test for OpenSSL + RSA

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Peter Wemm wrote:

> Yes, This should most definately have ${DESTDIR} for this sort of thing, but
> even then I'm not sure this is a good change..  We have got to find a better
> way than this.

I've said this a couple of times in private, but will repeat it again for
the list: we could do something like `nm /usr/lib/libcrypto.so | grep
RSA_free`, but this seemed ugly and non-obvious to me (e.g. if someone who
is not bsd.port.mk wanted to check whether their openssl port was
RSA-enabled). It also seems to get invoked about 20 times during the
course of making an openssl-using port (at least, that's how many times
my debugging echos get run :)

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson