Date:      Wed, 04 Jun 2014 08:19:21 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
To:        "Scott, Brian" <brian.scott4@det.nsw.edu.au>,  "'arm@freebsd.org'" <arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Changes to dwc_otg USB controller code (stable/10)

On 06/04/14 07:15, Scott, Brian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A recent (yesterday) build for raspberry-pi has non-functioning USB*. A previous build (23 May) is fine. A quick look shows a bunch of changes were MFC'd in 11 days ago and other than that, nothing has changed in the USB area for a while. I'm not an expert at tracking these things down though so I could have missed something.
>
> Is it just me that can't make it work?
>
> [I've overwritten the SD card with the new OS on it when trying the older version and didn't save any messages. I should be able to repeat the test and get some messages if it will help anyone.]
>
> Brian Scott
>
> * USB keyboards (various types) and mouse fail to attach. Inserting USB memory stick prompts immediate reboot.
 > Ethernet is functional (internal ethernet is USB based) so not all
USB is broken.

Hi,

If you don't see a panic prompt, then you need to use an external USB
HUB with own power supply to avoid that. I've just MFC'ed the last DWC
OTG related patch from -head:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/267039

Can you build a new kernel including that patch. BTW: You only need to
build a new kernel, you don't need to install a new userland.

Can you show dmesg for the attach failures?

--HPS