Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 11:45:02 +0800
From:      sweeting@tm.net.my
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   eureka ..... now are there any PDF docs ?

just got freebsd to finally install :)
i found that using expert mode worked fine but novice mode produced the errors.
that is the only change i made and it worked.

>> I am having problems installing FreeBSD 2.1.6 on a 486/sx33 compaq aero.
>> Since it uses external PCMCIA floppy drive, i have created a DOS partition
>> and have the entire /freebsd/bin  installation directory there.
>> Everything seems to go ok with the Novice installation until i get the
>> following error :
>>
>> "can't find kernel image to link to on the root file system. you're going to
>> have a hard time getting the sustemt to boot from the HD, i'm afraid"
>
>Somehow all of bin didn't make it.  Try reinstalling, and make sure you
>get all the bin files.  also make sure you use binary mode and that they
>area ll the same size except the last one.

while i am at it, are there any PDF versions of the manuals or docs ?
printing out the docs as they stand at moment, even the FAQ, means
printing each small topic/question which is many many pages.

cheers,

chas