Date:      Wed, 09 Sep 1998 13:14:12 +1000
From:      Alastair Rankine <alastair@cia.com.au>
To:        "Daniel" <daniel@cooltime.simplenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.0

At 19:07 8/09/98 -0700, you wrote:
>For those of you that have installed FreeBSD 3.0 do you know if it supports
>Microsoft Proxy Server?
>
>I have a Proxy Network at home and I am planning on using FreeBSD 3.0 for
>fun and want to know if it can work on my proxy.
>
>I have a Windows NT SERVER 4.0 for the network administrator
>
>Contact me or email the list ASAP

Proxy Server 2.0 implements SOCKS4, which you can use from FreeBSD. Check
out socks5 in the ports. It is also a Web proxy server which you can use by
configuring your web client accordingly.

FWIW FreeBSD makes a _far_ better internet gateway for a small LAN than
does NT. I know, from experience with both.

Also, this should have been in freebsd-questions, as the above info applies
to 2.2 as well as 3.0.

--
 [ Alastair Rankine ]        [ mailto:alastair@cia.com.au ]
             [ http://www.cia.com.au/alastair ]