Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 1996 10:45:32 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
Cc:        jkh@freefall.freebsd.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA stuff.

> PCMCIA cards has its configuration information in its ROM, named "CIS"
> (The Card Information Structure).  You can read these parameters by
> using 'pccardc' command.  Type

Yup, we tried this.  The problem is that the sio probe code also fails
to detech the modem, and even weakening the prbe doesn't help since it
appears that the modem is simply too different in its handshaking with
sio to work.  Once the probe is weakened, you crash elsewhere in the
driver.  Kind of sad since I figured by buying a US Robotics modem, I
was getting something pretty mainstream, but it doesn't seem to be
liked much by the pccard stuff. :-)

				Jordan