Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 17:04:04 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        jonny@coppe.ufrj.br (Joao Carlos Mendes Luis)
Cc:        pangolin@rogers.wave.ca, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Solved (Was: Haupauge tuner problems continued...)

#define quoting(Joao Carlos Mendes Luis)
// // > Interesting enough: The windows application detected the tuner as a
// // > Philips FI1236 MK2.  Maybe its not important for it to know the
// // > exact type of the tuner.
// //
// // I had no idea and did not add the MK2. I found data sheets on the FI1236MK2
// // and the the FR1236, though mine claims to be a FR1236MK2. Perhaps finer
// // distinctions can be made if there is more real information.
//
// I got both specs, and found no difference at first read.  Even in the
// FreeBSD driver, the only difference is in I2C adresses, and I did not
// find anything related to these in the tuner specs.

I finally got the guts to take off the stickers, just to find that the
windows application was right: It IS a FI1236MK2, and not a FR1236MK2.
I opened one of those that works without change, and the only difference
is the "MK2" part.

Maybe that's why the specs where equal.  They should be equal or the
OVERRIDE would not work.  :) I should have wondered why I would have
a FM tuner in a board with no FM support.

Now, where could I find the specs for the non-MK2 FI1236 ?  I got
this one from the link on htt://ww.freebsd.org/~ahasty/Bt848.html,
so I think Philips just changed the page.  Amancio, do you have the
original .PDF ?  Please, send it to me in private.

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br
+55 21 290-4698				jonny@coppe.ufrj.br