Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:29:15 -0500
From:      Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD web build failed on freefall.freebsd.org

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 05:33:20 -0800 (PST)
<www@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:

> /bin/ln -fs status.html index.html===> advocacy
> install -C  -o www -g www -m 664
> /c/www/build/www/en/advocacy/index.html /usr/local/www/data/advocacy
> install: /usr/local/www/data/advocacy/index.html: Too many levels of
> symbolic links*** Error code 71

I'll accept the pointy hat here.  At first it was advocacy.sgml and
then due to some recommendations this was changed to index.sgml,
although I fixed the linking to index.html (for after the build) I
made a mistake on the symlinking.

This was fixed by kuriyama, who removed my symlink line in the
Makefile. and the next build should go through fine (I retested,
although this did not produce any build failures, just an empty
index.html file in the advocacy directory).

--
Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes
www.FreeBSD.org  -The Power To Serve