Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:58:36 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.gnome.mk needs this patch

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 10:45:32AM +0200, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> Which problem? I do not see any real problem yet.

I need a way to know when bsd.port.mk is in "X" mode.
The comment in bsd.port.mk says:

    # USE_XLIB              - Says that the port uses X libraries.

which I think is reasonable to believe setting USE_XLIB is required if
the port uses the X libraries.  Should the comment be changed?

> Set USE_GTK in your
> port and do `make package-depends' - you'll see that X11 is there even
> without your patch.

You are right.  Why is this same dependacy list not done during ``make
all''?