Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 00:56:09 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Peter Van Epp <vanepp@sfu.ca>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syslogd -s -a xxx on 4.1-RELEASE?

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 11:27:54AM -0700, Peter Van Epp wrote:
> 	Am I making an obvious mistake or is the -a option to syslog broken?
> On a 4.1-RELEASE machine I'm attempting to log from the network to /data/local1
> to 6. This has been working (modulo syslog dying, which is part of the reason
> for the upgrade) without the -s -a options to syslogd and still does if I
> start syslogd without those options. This is the syslog.conf file (for all
> tests):

[snip]

I snipped the debug output because it really did not help me
much. From what was there, it looked like both were working.

> 	So, have I misconfigured it or is it broken?

I'm guessing maybe a bit of both. Why are you using -s and -a
together? Those two flags seem almost mutually exclusive to me. I
don't really understand what you are actually trying to do. Why is
'-s' there?
--
Crist J. Clark                           cjclark@alum.mit.com