Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 23:09:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@dreamhaven.net>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Onstream Tape Drive

> The drive is not supported.  It uses very specific pieces of the SCSI
> command set, and we don't support them.
>
> Encourage OnStream to get the FreeBSD developers docs, and they'll be
> supported I'm sure.

Bummer. :(  I checked with Onstream before purchasing the drive, and they
said they weren't supporing Unix yet, meaning they hadn't written any
particular drivers.  However, I had found in the past that most drives
will still work, especially SCSI drives.  Not the case for this particular
drive, though, apparently.  Do you know if FreeBSD will support DLT
drives?