Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:28:27 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        MAX@one.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unknown errors?

MAX@one.com.au writes:

>I am having some difficulties in compiling one of these database ports. I am
>using the current version of freebsd 4.0-alpha . But somehow this error leave
>me no clues.
>
>/tmp/ccfCC509.s: Assembler messages:
>/tmp/ccfCC509.s:27822: Error: unknown opcode `fnstenv'
>/tmp/ccfCC509.s:27857: Error: unknown opcode `fldenv'
>*** Error code 1
>
>Any ideas?
>thanks .

This should have been directed to freebsd-ports (Cc'd) , not questions.

Which one of these data base ports ? Kind of hard to be of assistance when
you're so vague.

these look like Intel FPU op-codes to me, but I could be wrong. They won't
work with an Alpha.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@muc.de garyj@fkr.cpqcorp.net gj@freebsd.org