Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 01:18:42 -0800
From:      "Morgan Davis" <mdavis@cts.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Subject:   RE: 4.0-stable + SMP + fxp = device timeout

Well, no experimental PCI cards here.  The same hardware used to run
3.4-stable in SMP mode with no problems.  It runs the 4.0-stable GENERIC
kernel just fine.  But enabling SMP causes the ethernet timeouts.  Here's
all I changed to the GENERIC kernel config:

options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
options         APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

These are exactly the two lines that were uncommented when the hardware ran
3.4-stable.

--Morgan