Date:      Wed, 3 May 1995 23:34:24 -0400
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        dennis@et.htp.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mitsumi CDROM failures

>>>>> "dennis" == dennis  <dennis@et.htp.com> writes:

    dennis> My Mitsumi CD-ROM drive can't make it through an install
    dennis> or sustained copy without failing...and once it fails its
    dennis> dead and has to be remounted.

My Mitsumi exhibited the same behavior with 2.0-RELEASE.  Later
versions have a modified Mitsumi driver that fix the problem quite
well.

If you want, I can make a 2.0 install floppy but with the modified
Mitsumi driver.  You can then get your system up and running.

Or you can try one of the later SNAP releases or wait for 2.1.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

Eat glass.
-- One of 120 ways to annoy your roommate.