Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:19:40 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        suvani_kaura@agilent.com
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: Question about the Handbook

On 13-Sep-00 suvani_kaura@agilent.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to download a copy of the BSD handbook as a
> PDF/Postscript file .. so I can view it as one document, rather than follow
> links to view each page. However when I click on the FTP page, I only get a
> blank document.. I am using IE4.. please advise.

It's difficult to say why you may be having problems, try using a proper,
dedicated FTP program like CuteFTP insead of your web browser. I have just
checked, and had no problem in downloading and viewing
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/handbook/book.pdf.gz which is a
compressed version of the handbook in PDF format.

You may want to also check that your PDF viewing program (probably Adobe's
Acrobat Reader) is working properly, you may want to download a new version
from www.adobe.com

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org