Date:      Mon, 22 May 95 13:28:36 CDT
From:      Dick@Seaman.Chenequa.WI.US (Richard Seaman, Jr)
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Cyclades Driver/Multi-port Serial Card

I notice that the FreeBSD.FAQ lists the Cyclades card as having
"alpha" drivers.  I also notice that cy.c hasn't been updated
for over a month.  Should I infer from this that:

A) There are known problems but work is not currently taking place, or

B) There are no known problems, or at least not serious ones, and that
   the code is still considered "alpha" because not enough users
   have tested it? or,

C) The "alpha" designation is now out of date?

If the answer is B or C I would probably get the 8 port board
and try it out.  If anyone knows a good place to get the board,
I'd appreciate hearing suggestions.

Thanks.

Dick

Richard Seaman, Jr.         Dick@Seaman.Chenequa.WI.US
5182 North Maple Lane       voice: 414-367-5450
Chenequa, WI 53058          fax:   414-367-5852