Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:19:59 +0100
From:      herbert langhans <w3@langhans.com.pl>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re. Why do I feel like compact flash is more reliable than SSD ?

The same here - I use a Sandisk Compact Flash with 8GB on my Thinkpad.
The thing runs the whole day and I didnt notice any failure (using
NetBSD). With a simple adapter card it formats and works like an
ata-disk.

Reading is quite fast! A good combination for stationary computers might
be to install FreeBSD and keep the 'busy & writing' like /home, /var and
/tmp on a traditional harddisk (writing is much faster there).

The other more static stuff like kernel, /usr, /etc, /dev and so on can
be left on the Flash-card. Will be great for booting and opening larger
programs.

Cheers
herb langhans

--