Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 2003 15:30:33 -0800
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   A gtk# port.

Hey,

Being that this is my first port, I thought I'd get some list feedback
right off.  I've made a port of Gtk# 0.6.0.1 (a minor point release for
FreeBSD's ports as per permission from a Gtk# maintainer to roll our own
for this -- fixes a small problem in the way 0.6 was rolled), and put
the distfile in my public_distfiles (though it hasn't shown up yet, of
course)...  The port (as a shell archive) can be grabbed...
	http://people.freebsd.org/~jmallett/gtk-sharp-0.6.0.1.shar
And the distfile can be grabbed here, until it shows up in the local
distfiles:
	http://people.freebsd.org/~jmallett/gtk-sharp-0.6.0.1.tar.gz

This should be enough to start building and using Gtk# applications
on FreeBSD -- I've played Fifteen# with it before :)

Thanx,
juli.

PS:  You'll also need a recent ports tree to be able to build Mono.
The version of Mono we have will cause the first text output by the
console to be a Utf8 header, but that's fixed in the CVS repository,
and our port will use the next release of Mono when it comes out,
which fixes this and other issues -- it will bring the number of Mono
patches down to 1.
--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
AIM: BSDFlata IRC: juli@EFnet#flata