Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:49:34 -0700
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Nick@Pettefar.com
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   What is EABI?

At the risk of oversimplifying, the "ABI" refers to how
code moves data between functions, including to/from
system calls and library routines.  This includes things like
how structures and arrays are laid out in memory.

The new EABI does this in a slightly more efficient way
that's better-supported by current compilers and development
tools.

It may or may not be related to your compile issues; the new
EABI support does involve compiler changes.

Changing essentially boils down to upgrading your FreeBSD
source tree and building an entirely new image, then rebuilding
all of your software.

Tim