Date:      Mon, 12 May 2003 17:45:09 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Benno Rice <benno@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: creating ppc-bootimage

On 5/12/2003 5:17 PM, Benno Rice wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 01:07, Jens Rehsack wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> sorry for asking this, but I didn't found anything in tha handbook or in
>> google how to create an cd-image (or sth. other usable) to setup my ppc
>> machine with the freebsd ppc-port.
>>
>> I just re-activated an old p-Series workstation (43P-133) and want to
>> install a freebsd on it to help the porters. Is their anywhere a
>> snapshot or some instructions how to create sth. what I can use?
>
> Given the Mac-centric nature of the port at the moment I'm not sure how
> well it'd go booting on an IBM system.  I'd offer to look into making it
> work if you could provide a serial console and a system to netboot it
> from but I'm having enough trouble making time to work on the port in
> general at the moment.
>
> If you're willing to get your hands dirty I'd be happy to try to help
> you as much as I can to get it running yourself...

That was the general intention of starting this :-)
Of course I'm willing to do anything what's required. I don't own a
serial cable, but I'm sure I will get a one. A terminal emulation should
be available under freebsd, shouldn't it? If not, I have an old HP
serial terminal (40x25), this should be fine, too.

Jens