Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 13:06:16 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      sos@FreeBSD.org
To:        regnauld@tetard.glou.eu.org (Philippe Regnauld)
Cc:        durham@ra.dkuug.dk, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Specs on a Hitachi CM2085me monitor anybody ??

> Jim Durham écrit / writes:
>
> > Any suggestions on where documentation on BIOS video modes may
> > be lurking on the net?

Hmm, I think there is some stuff about in in the vgadoc4b.zip
archive (I think that is the latest), if thats not the case
there probably are some references that can be usefull...

> > Of course, the absolute topper would be to hack the BIOS rom so that
> > it natively boots to something your monitor can handle!  ;-) .
>
> 	Well, a shareware  BIOS (Dr.Bios) exists out  there -- does it come
> 	with sources ?

You don't need to hack the video BIOS (its the one on the video
card you would want to change not the motherboard one :) ), it
should do it by makeing an extra BIOS rom whith the needed code
in it, at let it register AFTER the std video BIOS has done its trick.

Soren Schmidt             (sos@FreeBSD.org)             FreeBSD Core Team
               So much code to hack -- so little time.