Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2011 20:31:11 -0500
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sysinstall@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSDInstall: merging to HEAD

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>wrote:

> On 01/15/11 09:50, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
>
>> On 01/15/11 00:30, Pieter de Goeje wrote:
>>

>  2) The Partition Editor's confirmation dialog has two options "Don't Save"
>>
>>> and "Cancel"; it is unclear what the difference between the two is.
>>> AFAICT "Don't Save" really means "Cancel installation", and "Cancel"
>>> really
>>> means "Re-edit" (I'm sure there's a better word for that).
>>>
>> How abort renaming "Don't Save" to "Abort?"
>>
>>> 3) These steps result in an error dialog: "Invalid argument size '0'"
>>>    1) Do a complete guided install on a 4GB disk
>>>    2) Restart installer and choose guided install
>>>    3) Select "partition" instead of "entire disk".
>>>

>> Ah, I'll add a check for the too little free space case. The way
>> "Partition" works is that it adds new FreeBSD partitions to the disk in the
>> available space, and it breaks if there is not any. This is easily fixed.
>>

> This (and several other issues) have been fixed now. I've uploaded a new
> i386 ISO to
> http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/bsdinstall-i386-20110116.iso.bz2<http://people.freebsd.org/%7Enwhitehorn/bsdinstall-i386-20110116.iso.bz2>;
>
> -Nathan

Dear Nathan ,

I am preparing a set of scripts for my suggestions about new installer , but
I need your help for DIALOG .

I am using my text editor which is suitable for easy editing and
productivity .
It is inserting a blank character after last non-blank character because
some Unix systems programs are requiring such a structure , but this is
violating DIALOG rules :
I do NOT want to change my editor in that respect , which this will break my
other parameter files . Although a new parameter may be inserted but WHY .
This is a problem of DIALOG . Shell does NOT have such a restriction .

DIALOG is requiring that after last \ ( line continuation symbol ) there
should NOT be any blank character . I spent a whole night to discover that
this is the problem .

Is it possible to supply a DIALOG which will ignore blank characters after \
character .

I am using separate lines for DIALOG parameters for readability of scripts .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk