Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:31:00 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charlie Sorsby <crs@swcp.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can this be done?

Now that I have DSL (256K symetrical), installation via ftp from
freebsd.org or a mirror seems feasible.

My system is all SCSI with two SCSI cards: an Adaptec 2940 and a
TekRam DC-390U2W.  The CDROM drive and three disk drives are on the
2940; a fourth disk drive is on the DC-390.

What I want to do is to install a recent version (perhaps 4.10)
of freeBSD on that fourth drive, leaving an earlier version on the
other drives so that I can switch back and forth until I get the
new version the way I want it.

But I vaguely recall (if I'm not imagining things) some limitation
on the number of disk drives that can be used and/or boot from.
I hope I'm wrong about that but thought that I'd ask just in case.

I've fetched the floppy images, kern.flp and mfsroot.flp, for 4.10
so I'm ready to begin if this is possible.

I do not want to update to 5.x -- that's diverged even further from
BSD than 4.x...

Thank you kindly for any help you can provide.

Charlie