Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 1996 21:40:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Has anyone noticed a problem with rshd in -current?

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> It seems like 1 out of every 3 attempts from another host, it
> exits immediately and a "Connection refused" is generated on the
> client.
>
> Just checking to see if it's me and my personal weirdness field, first. :)
>
> 					Jordan

Many people have noticed it.  I've posted on the subject once per
quarter since is starting happening in 2.0.5.

machine1# rsh machine2
machine2# exit

then on machine2 issue the command

machine2# netstat -a | more

near the top will be a session related to rshd.  After 30 or so seconds
the session will disappear from 'netstat -a' and you can then rsh
from machine1 to machine2 again.

--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com