Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:58:09 +0100
From:      Rickard Borgmäster <doktorn@realworld.nu>
To:        sos@freebsd.dk
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MPlayer Video output

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:29:49 +0100 (CET)
Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk> hit the keyboard and punched:

> It seems Rickard Borgmäster wrote:
> >
> > Are you saying that GATOS is for Linux only? Ooops. I downloaded
> > and installed GATOS yesterday, and now I have XV output...
> >
> > Perhaps I'm not running FreeBSD ;)
> >
> > Well, anyway, I have X 4.1.0 on FBSD 4.5. I downloaded those GATOS
> > files and installed them as supposed to. And now things work just
> > fine.
> >
> > But hey... I see why. Those GATOS files binaries...and FBSD has
> > linux binary compatiblity right? Thats why it works...
>
> Hmm what exactly did you download/compile?
>
> I've taken the new xv + tuner etc enabled ATI driver patches from the
> GATOS/linuxvideo project and patched up my XF4, that gives native xv
> support which works very nice also...

I just downloaded the file ATI-4.1.0.i386.tar.gz and untarred it in
/usr

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gatos/ATI-4.1.0.i386.tar.gz

Since then, I have xv enabled output on my old ATI 3D Rage Pro Card.
Works flawlessly =)

But as I understand this is compiled code, you need linux emulation
for it to work.
--

Rickard