Date:      Fri, 05 Apr 2002 08:40:42 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD web build failed on freefall.freebsd.org

If memory serves me right, Tom Rhodes wrote:

> This was fixed by kuriyama, who removed my symlink line in the
> Makefile. and the next build should go through fine (I retested,
> although this did not produce any build failures, just an empty
> index.html file in the advocacy directory).

It would be Really Cool (TM) if, when situations like this happen, we
had a way of restarting the Web build on freefall, rather than just
waiting around for another cron cycle.  I think there are maybe two
people who can do this...it might be a good idea to expand this set
slightly.

There's some security issues involved...maybe another good reason
to migrate some services off of freefall.  But that's a different
bikeshed^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hthread.

Bruce.

PS.  This isn't a substitute for people testing locally before
committing, but this is the real world and mistakes happen.