Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 23:02:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        jwd@unx.sas.com (John W. DeBoskey)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, jwd@unx.sas.com
Subject:   Re: pciconf broken?

John W. DeBoskey wrote...
> Hi,
>
>    I'm running FreeBSD 3.0-980223-SNAP (GENERIC).
>
>    When I run pciconf, I get the following:
>
> # pciconf -l
> pciconf: ioctl(PCIOCGETCONF): Operation not supported by device
>

>    Does anyone have any info about this? Should it work? Is it
> a known problem?

	This is a known problem.  I believe it has been broken since around
April 1997.

	I have a fixed version of that ioctl in the CAM code.  It also
passes back the device name (e.g. ahc, fxp, de..) and the unit number of
the device in question.

	Stefan and I have yet to fully work out how the new version should
look, so that's why it isn't in -current or anything.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com