Date:      Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:25:57 -0800
From:      Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@volant.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How do I use uvisor?

--==========2000069987==========

I've been syncing my Handspring Visor over the USB cable using
coldsync and ugen0 for a couple of years now.  One of the recent
system updates introduced ucom and uvisor; and now I can't get
the Visor to sync.  (I'm currently running FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE
as of about 29 October.)

The uvisor man page is distinctly short on actual usage info;
but mentions some attach messages that I never see.  When I
hit the sync button on the cradle, I get the following in
/var/log/messages (I've cut out the dates and reduced the host
name to 'h' to eliminate line wrapping.)

    14:13:26 h /kernel: ucom0: Handspring Inc Handspring Visor, rev=20
1.00/1.00, addr 6
    14:13:26 h /kernel: ucom0: Handspring Inc Handspring Visor, rev=20
1.00/1.00, addr 6
    14:14:21 h /kernel: ucom0: at uhub1 port 1 (addr 6) disconnected
    14:14:21 h /kernel: ucom0: detached

Was it a mistake to add uvisor (and ucom?) to the kernel config?

Does someone have working examples of all of the necessary config
files to get this to work?

Thanks,
-Pat