Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:31:56 +0200
From:      "Donatas" <donatas@lrtc.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   double vlans - once again.

ok, i'll simplify my question -
=20
we have vlan traffic, which is transfered via double tagged vlans =
(nested vlans). Such functions are supported in some advanced switches =
(AT-8948). The problem is - we cannot route those double-tagged vlans =
using freebsd machines. Or maybe it is possible?
let's say we've created vlan-1 and vlan-2, where vlan-2 parent device is =
vlan-1 and vlan-1 parent device is physical network adapter. This =
procedure seems impossible in freebsd.
I've mentioned netgraph only as possible solution. Interesting, what =
happens when freebsd get's double-tagged frame?

thank you

      Donatas Gendvilas
      AB Lietuvos Radijos Ir Televizijos Centras

      Duomen=F9 Perdavimo Departamentas

      Valdymo Centras

      tel.: lokalus 444, 8-5-2525384, +37065266772
      Sausio 13-osios g. 10, 04347 Vilnius 50, Lietuva

      =20