Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:58:02 -0400
From:      Jim Arnold <jim@ohio.com>
To:        "Doug" <want_2_learn_freebsd@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to dual boot freebsd, windows98 with 2 disks?

do you have win98 on the first disk and freebsd on the second disk like I do?
according to the docs for xosl:

"Notes for Windows NT, Windows 2000, FreeBSD, OS/2 and Solaris

You should install these OSes into a primary partition of the first
hard disk. Although the second (and later) hard disk and logical
partitions may also be supported by
SmartBtmgr (by using 'Swap drive ID' feature) I don't suggest doing so."

I'm still looking for some way to do this..... so i'll try the other
option you listed next.

jim

>I use:
>
>http://www.xosl.org/ or:
>http://www.users.intercom.com/~ranish/part/
>
>xosl can in installed in your 98 partition, and can restore what it changed
>if you so desire to remove it.
>
>Doug.

Jim Arnold  <jim@ohio.com>	Voice: 330.253.9524 x 9-12
Ohio.com Site Administrator	Fax: 330.253.8214
http://www.ohio.com                Cell: 330.730.0797
AOL IM: instantjim

12 E. Exchange Street - 2nd Fl -- Akron, OH 44308