Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:04:49 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@ns1.via-net-works.net.ar>
To:        Chris <ccsanady@iastate.edu>
Cc:        Fernando Schapachnik <fschapachnik@vianetworks.com.ar>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bridging on wi interfaces

En un mensaje anterior, Chris escribió:
> Fernando Schapachnik wrote:
> >
> > Hello:
> >         Does anybody know is bridging works on wi (WaveLan)
> > interfaces?
>
> You cannot do bridging on WaveLan interfaces, but there is a
> way that you can work around it that we are now using to good
> effect.  I guess the question is--what do you need to do
> with it?  If all the boxes that you want to do bridging between
> are FreeBSD, then you might try this out.

What I need to do is:

| router |-eth-| FBSD w/wi |-wireless link-| FBSD w/wi |-eth-|router|

I need the routers to be "directly connected". Is this possible?

Thanks and regards!

Fernando P. Schapachnik
Administración de la red
VIA NET.WORKS ARGENTINA S.A.
fschapachnik@vianetworks.com.ar
Conmutador: (54-11) 4323-3333 - Soporte: 0810-333-AYUDA