Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:44:09 +0200
From:      Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@schweikhardt.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardware Striping

hello, world\n

I want to change my system to no longer use vinum for striping, but
rather a hardware solution. I do not intend to use mirroring or any
other RAIDn>0 functionality. I have two pairs of identical U160 SCSI
disks (2 Fujitsu MAN and MAM with 36GB each) where I want to build two
mirrors, one from the MANs, and one from the MAMs. You get the idea.

Until now I'm using an Adaptec 29160 Host Adapter, but of course it is
not HW-RAID0 capable. What card am I looking for?

The disks have a sustained read rate of 60 to 70 Mbyte/s, so if all of
them were used at the same time they could saturate an U160 bus. Is this
a problem?

Regards,

	Jens
--