Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:17:39 -0700
From:      "Wil Hatfield" <freebsd@hyperconx.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Bge Kernel Compile Issues

> Yes I ran a buildworld first.
> No I can't build the GENERIC config as it has ALOT more problems than just
> the bge drivers.

What I am saying about the GENERIC is that it chokes when trying to install
alot of the GENERIC drivers that aren't needed. For instance the aic and
aha. Once I disable those the compile gets alot farther and eventually gets
to the bge issue. Which I have yet to get resolved.

I am going to try the GENERIC again without changing anything at all. Even
the firewall and SMP. Just right out of the box GENERIC. If it makes it to
6.1-PRE then I will try the custom kernel. Perhaps the sequence of events is
the issue. Or maybe the firewall and SMP. We shall see.

--
Wil Hatfield