Date:      Tue, 08 Sep 1998 23:11:23 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: P-Day tomorrow!

Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > Why "Umlaut"? Why does everybody have to call that ¨ an umlaut?
> >
> > The U+0300 code point I assume Terry was referring to is indeed
> > called a "COMBINING DIAERESIS".   Terry is getting sloppy with
> > his email.  :)
>
> Well, my point is somewhat blunted by my having spelled "umlaut"
> incorrectly, but...  shouldn't the "AE" in "DIAERESIS" be a
> dipthong instead of two seperate letters?

	What does Jordan's bathing suit have to do with it? :) Now if you meant
dipHthong, you might have something there...

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

At Barry (a small town in south Wales) hidden cameras have had to be
installed to keep watch on the town's CCTV [Closed Circuit Television]
to record acts of vandalism against the CCTV. - Privacy Forum