Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 17:04:33 +0200
From:      "Morten Seeberg" <morten@seeberg.dk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Who knows the most about APM Hybernation on thinkpads

Hi, I was just thinking about this thing, which could make my day a lot
easier :)

But my idea has to be evaluated by someone who knows the APM standard (i´m
not a programmer, so it´s pretty hard for me to evaluate this).

My idea is, that if I have 2 hybernation files (one for NT and one for BSD).
Then when im running FreeBSD, I put my laptop into to hybernation, and just
before the machine shuts entirely down, a program change the bios
information, so that the bios points to the windows NT hybernation file
instead of the BSD one. So then when I boot my laptop, it reads the NT
hybernation file instead.
Of course a windows version would have to made to, so that you could switch
back to BSD.

This would make me capable of switching between NT and BSD in leass than 2
minutes.