Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 12:14:13 +0900
From:      "Olivas, Stacy Q" <Olivassq@nafm.misawa.af.mil>
To:        'FreeBSD Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TCPDUMP output

Hello,
I'm working on a little DNS monitoring project..

I have a small caching nameserver setup that feeds machines in a subnet.

To monitor where they have been, I've setup tcpdump to watch port 53 on the
machine for all traffic (it's only used for this pupose).. Everyday it
automatically rolls the logfiles over and sends a copy to me via e-mail (the
machine is an a secure area that I don't access on a regular basis).

My question is:

1.  Is there a program (preferably unix, but can be a windows based program)
that would allow me to have the logs formatted something easier to analyze
or
2.  Is there a program that would allow me (short of setting up a proxy)
monitor this sort of thing in an easier way??

I was thinking about writing a custom utility to analyze this stuff, but I
figured I might want to ask before doing so (just to save myself some
time)..

Thanks in advance.
Stacy Olivas