Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:14:49 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        AN <andy@neu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, mezz@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dia fails to start after recent upgrade

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:46 PM, AN <andy@neu.net> wrote:
> FreeBSD FBSD10 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #38 r248401: Sat Mar 16
> 21:39:04 CDT 2013     root@FBSD10:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  amd64
>
> After a recent portupgrade (graphics/dia (dia-gnome-0.97.1_3,1 ->
> dia-0.97.2,1) dia is broken.  Will not start from the gnome menu, starting
> from the command line causes the splash screen to appear for about 1 second
> and then it disappears.  There is no error produced on the command line, or
> in the system log.

Works fine for me on 9.1-STABLE (r246004), so it may be specific to
HEAD or some option set on some port that dia depends on or it may be
the compiler used. I think the latter is most likely, especially since
it may be an interaction between dia and one of its many dependencies
where one or all may be built with any of several compilers. In my
case, everything was built with GCC though some dependencies may be
using gcc-4.6. I don't THINK clang was used on anything relevant.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com