Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 13:45:45 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP glitches resolved

On Sat, 30 Dec 1995, Robert Nordier wrote as follows:

> I set up user PPP a few days ago and have been having
> a few problems.
>
> Basically, everything works fine during the first
> dial-in. But reconnecting later sometimes results in
> one of two error messages:
>
>      1)	SIOCAIFADDR: File exists
>      2)	rtinit: wrong ifa (0xf0509d00) was (0xf0506980)

The good news is now that iij-ppp is working, with no SIOCAIFADDR
or rtinit errors, and actually handles all the route adding and cleanup
by itself correctly and automatically, without help from the route(8)
utility.

To everyone who gave advice, thanks very much, and thanks particularly
to Richard Lyon and Doug White for help in finally getting the correct
configuration sorted out.

--
Robert Nordier
rnordier@iafrica.com